Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+4
Glitzy
Guveclover
Admin
marymac
8 posters

Fethiye Info

marymac
    marymac

Fethiye Info  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fethiye Info

Post  marymac Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 am

Hi all,

Thanks for this info had a look at a few of the reviews and will definitely look this up when we are there. Sounds great. We are B+B so will be out and about every night, so its nice to have a few ideas as we are both new to the area.

Mary
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm

marymac wrote:Hi, no not yet. Not going until end of August. So a few weeks more to go but its getting close I can feel the heat..
    Will let you know how we enjoy it there when I get back.

Mary

Hi Mary

How was your holiday in Fethiye?, you must be back now, it would be nice to hear your feedback.

Ruby
    marymac
    marymac

Post  marymac Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:57 am

Hi all,

Had a lovely holiday in Fethiye thanks. It was Ramadan when we where there so it was so busy with Turks as they had a long holiday. Weather was great and we thought it was a nice relaxed town but felt 1 week was enough for us there as it was on the quiet side but was a good experience and nice to see somewhere different for a change. Went to Oludeniz and was disappointed with the beach maybe as it was so over run that day with tourists everyone packed in like sardines would be nice I am sure out of high season but was just glad we where not based there or in Hisaranou saying that we did have a very nice meal in Oludeniz one night.
    We where in Italy a few weeks ago too and that was great.

Mary
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Mary

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday even though you thought a week was enough. The Blue Lagoon is really beautiful although the sand can be a little coarse.

Mind you, you are still in the 'honeymoon' period of your relationship I love you and I bet that even if you and your other half had holidayed on the moon you would have had a brilliant time.

Never been to Italy, although I would love to go there, do you have any recommendations? What was the ice cream and pizzzas like? Almost think I could temporarily ditch my yearning for Kunufe if I could get a decent ice cream!

Ruby
    marymac
    marymac

Post  marymac Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 am

Hi Ruby,

Yes we enjoyed Fethiye made a nice change but probably we will end up back in our old haunts next year.

Italy is a great place to holiday if you ever get the chance. I have been to the South of Italy many times but we went to the North this time. North and South are very different. I would say I prefer the South. The pizza is better in the South esp if you are in Naples you will never find better but I had the best gelato I have ever tasted in Italy in Milan on this trip. Once you have tried authentic Italian pizza and gelato nothing else can compare every time your eating a rubbish pizza here your mind will remember its not supposed to taste like this!

Mary
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Wheres your old haunts Mary........is it marmaris?...........Italy sounds gorge........
    marymac
    marymac

Post  marymac Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:29 am

Hi,

No not Marmaris. Been there a few times but prefer Bodrum and the surrounding area.

Mary
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

marymac wrote:Hi all,

Had a lovely holiday in Fethiye thanks. It was Ramadan when we where there so it was so busy with Turks as they had a long holiday. Weather was great and we thought it was a nice relaxed town but felt 1 week was enough for us there as it was on the quiet side but was a good experience and nice to see somewhere different for a change. Went to Oludeniz and was disappointed with the beach maybe as it was so over run that day with tourists everyone packed in like sardines would be nice I am sure out of high season but was just glad we where not based there or in Hisaranou saying that we did have a very nice meal in Oludeniz one night.
    We where in Italy a few weeks ago too and that was great.

Mary

Where was you based Mary? sounds like you was in Calis, thats not a good choice.

That beach at Olu is lush but at ramadam you get the world and everyone going down to the beach.

You got married in marmaris didn't you? whereabouts did you get married there?

Pol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi Pol,

Calis is a dump. It really isn't nice at all.

It's a shame the beach at Oludeniz was packed when Mary went there, but I believe she went at Ramadan when all the locals flock to the beach.

Shame - she really missed out on the beauty of it.

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 am

Users and losers, why is it that people come on here asking for information then never bother to post again. Marymac, whats wrong with you? Have you had a 'warning'?

Ruby
    marymac
    marymac

Post  marymac Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi all,

We stayed in Fethiye town not Calis although did go to the beach at Calis one day it was ok did not take much notice of the place really as was just there for a few hours just passing through. As I said before when I posted after my holiday I did not think much of the area. It was probably just the wrong time to go as Strawbs said it was mobbed everywhere. I did thank everyone for any info given when I initially posted and it was much appreciated.
    Ruby nothing is wrong with me and no I have not received any warnings?? Thanks for the concern though, when I am interested in a topic on any of the forums and have something to add I will post.

Mary
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Mary,

Where in Fethiye Town did you stay? There aren't that many hotels there. I do know the Ece Saray Marina Hotel in Karagozla - and that's a beautiful part of Fethiye - overlooking the harbour. We stayed in that hotel a couple of times (it is expensive) and though beautiful - not really a 'holiday hotel as such. I know of another one in the grotty part of Fethiye Town, but can't remember the name and never went there - I think it was open for winter visitors?

The other part of Fethiye Town which I think is awful is Tasyaka (just up from the prison) but I never really went there so can't comment too much on it. But besides Karagozla, not many people stay in Fethiye Town - so I'm just curious which hotel you stayed in.

Calis is not nice, for sure. Although you do see some lovely sunsets from there.

Everyone's got their own preferences, of course, but being objective I don't think anyone could say Oludeniz 'is not all that'. I've been all over Turkey (and much of the world) and the drive down to Oludeniz with the wonderful view is stunning - whether it's your own personal cup of tea ir not. Maybe the crowds spoled it for you? I've never seen it jam-packed, so I suppose that would detract from it. I guess you didn't get to see Gemiler beach, then? They actually film tropical style adverts there.

As I say, I've been to most resorts in turkey, includidng Marmaris and Bodrum. I liked Bodrum - ttally different to Olu, of course, but Marmaris was very tacky - and I'm being objective.

I do think that people tend to become biased when they visit Turkey, and whichever resort you've first stayed at, if you fell in love with it you'll always compare it favourably to any other resort. Although I've never heard of anyone falling in love with Altinkum! Mind you, I could never fall in love with Marmaris or Icmeler, but that's just me. Some people love it there.

Although to be honest, when Ertie and I went to Marmaris it was in the first few years of our relationship (the heady-over-heels period!) so we thought everyhere was lovely! All those twinkling stars in our eyes.....lol

Strawbs

marymac
    marymac

Post  marymac Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:41 am

Hi Strawbs,

We stayed at the Yacht Classic just a few mins walk from Ece Saray so it also had some lovely views of the harbour and yachts. Its sister hotel is beside Ece Saray the Yacht Boutique. Not sure if they where called something else in the past as they have been refurbished in the last few years.
    The drive down to OluDeniz was indeed stunning just a pity we choose the worst day of the year to go and it was also quite overcast never mind we will know in the future if we ever go back when not to go.
    Pity we did not get to Gemiler Beach, I am sure there is lots of nice places in the area we did not get a chance to see time just seemed to past too quick!

All this talk of beaches and holidays in not getting me in the Christmas spirit at all santa sunny

Mary
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:16 pm

marymac wrote:Hi Strawbs,

We stayed at the Yacht Classic just a few mins walk from Ece Saray so it also had some lovely views of the harbour and yachts. Its sister hotel is beside Ece Saray the Yacht Boutique. Not sure if they where called something else in the past as they have been refurbished in the last few years.
    The drive down to OluDeniz was indeed stunning just a pity we choose the worst day of the year to go and it was also quite overcast never mind we will know in the future if we ever go back when not to go.
    Pity we did not get to Gemiler Beach, I am sure there is lots of nice places in the area we did not get a chance to see time just seemed to past too quick!

All this talk of beaches and holidays in not getting me in the Christmas spirit at all santa sunny

Mary

Hi Mary,

Oh, I haven't been to the Yacht Classic, but I've heard good reports about it. I think Karagozla is lovely, but I don't see it as a holiday resort, really. I chose the Ece Saray the first time, as it was something different I suppose. And the second time we stayed there was for NYE - but it didn't have that 'holiday feel' to it - lovely as it was. The balconies are Parisian style (very romantic Wink ) and I've stuck a picture up of me posing on the balcony

https://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj231/Strawberryx7/

It's amongst that lot somewhere (the only one where I'm on a balcony trying to make my legs look as least fat as possible! tongue I'm a terrible poseur - I'll be posing in the Old Folk's Home! haha)

Back to Karagozler - I'm wondering if you weren't taken with it because it's not really a holiday resort as such? When we stayed at the Ece in the summer there were a few businessmen staying there, and lots of very rich yacht owners, too. I remember having the best steak in Turkey I've ever had at the Ece, and the evening emtertainment was very sophisticated - though Ertie soon changed that with his Turkish dancing (after buckets of booze) and shouting out 'Whoopa!!" at any opportunity. lol All the well-groomed stiffs soon loosened up watching him dancing in his jeans and T-shirt ! haha We had a lovely suite, too, and while Ertie was still asleep I phoned room service for beakfast and asked them to bring me two boiled eggs 'cooked for 4 minutes' and twice I had to send them back, as they'd only cooked them 'for one minute'! Somehow, they thought when I was saying 4 I was saying FOR one minute!

Very nice, though, eating breakfast overlooking the yacht harbour! Mmmmmmm......

Such a shame you didn't get to Gemiler Beach.....it's absolutely beautiful there - and every time I went, there was just a handful of people - if any!

Strawbs

SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Admin wrote:
    marymac wrote:Hi Strawbs,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Oh, I haven't been to the Yacht Classic, but I've heard good reports about it. I think Karagozla is lovely, but I don't see it as a holiday resort, really. I chose the Ece Saray the first time, as it was something different I suppose. And the second time we stayed there was for NYE - but it didn't have that 'holiday feel' to it - lovely as it was. The balconies are Parisian style (very romantic Wink ) and I've stuck a picture up of me posing on the balcony

https://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj231/Strawberryx7/

It's amongst that lot somewhere (the only one where I'm on a balcony trying to make my legs look as least fat as possible! tongue I'm a terrible poseur - I'll be posing in the Old Folk's Home! haha)

Back to Karagozler - I'm wondering if you weren't taken with it because it's not really a holiday resort as such? When we stayed at the Ece in the summer there were a few businessmen staying there, and lots of very rich yacht owners, too. I remember having the best steak in Turkey I've ever had at the Ece, and the evening emtertainment was very sophisticated - though Ertie soon changed that with his Turkish dancing (after buckets of booze) and shouting out 'Whoopa!!" at any opportunity. lol All the well-groomed stiffs soon loosened up watching him dancing in his jeans and T-shirt ! haha We had a lovely suite, too, and while Ertie was still asleep I phoned room service for beakfast and asked them to bring me two boiled eggs 'cooked for 4 minutes' and twice I had to send them back, as they'd only cooked them 'for one minute'! Somehow, they thought when I was saying 4 I was saying FOR one minute!

Very nice, though, eating breakfast overlooking the yacht harbour! Mmmmmmm......

Such a shame you didn't get to Gemi

ler Beach.....it's absolutely beautiful there - and every time I went, there was just a handful of people - if any!

Strawbs

Strawbs that photo of that balcony is beautiful, very posh drunken looks fabs, think I will go there one day myself.
    Gemilar beach looks like paradise if its the one I found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

How much to stay at that ece hotel about?

Sal x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm