Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

coach trip

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

coach trip  Empty coach trip

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:14 am

Well girls just wanted to say how much i have loved this years coach trip ( geek i know )i am actually sad its finished.Did anyone else share my guilty pleasure? if you did watch it then you will have seen they ended the trip in Istanbul.loved the day they did the belly dancing although hubby was moaning about the guy belly dancer :/ i have to say my favourites were jolyon and edward ! they were sooooo rude about everyone and although you hated them you just had to laugh at their snobbery.loathed chez and lou as time went on.i have watched coach trip for a few years now but to date this was my favourite,even my daughter got glued to it.i am a sucker for anything reality but got sick of big brother.anyone else love these type of things? One of my other loves is anything period costume drama.
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

coach trip  Empty Re: coach trip

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Im out when its on but Ive been recording it this last 2 weeks coz a friend told me to......not seen it yet unds brill......be watching it today and give yous my view on it.......cant wait to see istanbul and the belly dancer.......
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 pm

An other addict here!!! queen I love coach trip and been watching it since it started, tell everybody about it but cos its on at the afternoon a lot of people forget to watch it if theytre at work or forget to record it. scratch Make sure you record it girls cos Hayley is right its brilliant and the people in it get so bitchy affraid

Maria x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm

sooo t.h.drop did you watch it? what did you think?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:47 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Well girls just wanted to say how much i have loved this years coach trip ( geek i know )i am actually sad its finished.Did anyone else share my guilty pleasure? if you did watch it then you will have seen they ended the trip in Istanbul.loved the day they did the belly dancing although hubby was moaning about the guy belly dancer :/ i have to say my favourites were jolyon and edward ! they were sooooo rude about everyone and although you hated them you just had to laugh at their snobbery.loathed chez and lou as time went on.i have watched coach trip for a few years now but to date this was my favourite,even my daughter got glued to it.i am a sucker for anything reality but got sick of big brother.anyone else love these type of things? One of my other loves is anything period costume drama.

Hi Hayley,

I don't watch Coach Trip but I know it's got a cult following. My cousin is hooked on it, and she's got loads of other people hooked on it, too! I have actually recorded a few episodes when I've seen they're going to countries I'm interested in, but I haven't watched them yet. I'm always recording programmes (at the moment I've got about 3% left on each of the Sky boxes - how embarrassing is that?! Embarassed ) so I'm going to do some 'view ups' and try and work through the list - I've got programmes going back about six months or more!

Back to coach trip - I did actually record the last one when they were in Istanbul - so I might try and watch that later tonight. So why was your hubby moaning about the male bellydancer? Was it because he didn't have good tummy moves, rolls and hip shakes? lol Or is he like me who thinks it's thoroughly tacky and yucky watching a man dressed up as a bellydancer? I really don't know why people find that entertaining - I can't see anything funny about it at all. It's just repulsive. I heard that they're trying to get grossly overweight women to do bellydance turns in Marmaris this year - which I actually find very offensive. They're using them as a kind of freakshow in a circus, just so people can gawp and laugh at them....I suppose that's why they get men to do turns too - they think people will laugh and find it hilarious - though I'm sure some people could get turned on by watching them....

Back to the actual coach trip, I've also heard that the contestants are incredibly bitchy and competitive, and I guess they get cliques on there who take umbrage to someone - and then THEY all fall out at the end of it too! lol

I used to watch Come Dine With Me a lot - I was quite addicted to that. But I haven't watched that for some time now, I think it's become a little bit 'once you've seen one episode you've seen them all' I'm sure I've missed some funny episodes, but you never know which ones are going to be good.

I've never watched Big Brother, none of them. I know it was hugely popular, but I just found it soooo boring when I tried watching it once, and I couldn't see the fascination. And when they do Celebrity Big Brother - with people who are not real celebrtities - they just became well-known for being a BB contestant - I become even more confused! Question Do you know, I remember reading on these sites years ago, a member asking if she'd be able to watch BB in Turkey. She was going ON HOLIDAY for a fortnight to Hisaronu, and she said she HAD to watch BB while she was there! Shocked And isn't it on for something like about FOUR hours or something? Question

One programme I used to enjoy was called Home From Home - it was on Channel 4 (I think) in the early noughties, and it showed two couples from different countries swapping homes for a week or two. It was really interesting! They basically lived each other's lifestyles, and it was interesting to see how different we live to other nationalities. They should bring that back - it was really good. I also used to like A Place In The Sun when it first started, and I actually went to their exhibition in London one year, which was basically agents from all different countries trying to sell holiday homes. It was a nice day out, actually. Some of the stands were very impressive (Morocco was fabulous) - the Turkish one wasn't so well-designed, but they all had samples of their local specialities - Turkish Delight, cay etc.... Amanda Lamb was there giving a talk on stage, and she is STUNNING! She's a thousand times more stunning in real life than she is on TV. She's absolutely beautiful - very tall (about 5"10" - maybe more) and she's just incredibly beautiful. She has great poise, too, and really holds herself well. She was mingling around but she only chatted with her little group of people, but the only off-putting thing about her was how conceited she came across! True, she is absolutely stunning - but boy does she know it! Shocked Hmphh....

Oh, anothr programme I liked when it first came out was Wife Swap! The first episode was fantastic! The whole of the first series was good, actually. But I find with many of these programmes the producers start over-egging them eventually, and you can see they're feigned. It's a bit like Big Fat Gypsy Wedding - the very first one was good and quite probably as true to life as could be. But when the producers realised it was a hit they decided to do more - and you can't really do more of the same can you? So that's why they start over-egging it and getting characters to put on acts etc - it's very transparent what they do. I'm not watching this latest series - I can guess what it's like - and once you've seen one you've seen them all really.

I've also gone off the X Factor - that's all so contrived now. And they probably know who the winner's going to be before the auditions are even aired on TV! And all those fake arguments between the judges.....oh pleaase! I like Dancing on Ice and Strictly, but can't stand those gay judges who overdo their campness as an excuse to be crude or rude. I am SO glad they got rid of that awful Jason Gardner - he was absolutely vile! I think he was hoping to be Strictly's Simon Cowell, but he didn't have the wit or warmth (although all of Simon Cowell's quips are pre-rehearsed and thought up by a scriptwriter! Neutral ) but he does come across as quite warm, I think. I've heard he's actually a very nice man and is incredibly generous. He gives loads to charities - and never shouts about it either......

I bet you weren't expecting a lengthy reply like that, Hayley! lol!

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

You used to be able to watch BB LIVE in Turkey a few years ago, but she got ditched and is now allegedly with a Moroccan tongue

As for Wife Swap, its all put on, in fact the American version actually states in its opening titles that some of the scenes are not factual but are for entertainment.

Big Fat Gypsy Wedding I absolute hate and detest with a passion. They are a bunch of thieving scumbags who rob churches for lead, load peoples plant pots on low bed wagons in the dead of night and sell them on at car boot sales at the weekend. Where does everyone think they make their money from?, its certainly not legal and those fancy dresses, cars, wedding cakes etc would not be in the financial remit of decent honest working people.

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Hey strawbs that was a long reply Smile yes hubby finds male belly dancers repulsive,not helped by the fact that when i had my engagement party i tried to hire a male belly dancer and they are expensive and hard to get unless you live in london.I ended up having a female belly dancer but she was brilliant because she got us all up dancing ( and other people in the restaurant) back on subject now :)Hubby is typical male and finds men dressing up hard to accept,but he did love watching coach trip too.cannot say i ever watched wife swap but i agree with x factor,but still watch it :)no way if i was going on holiday would i try to watch any programmes from here,you just record them for when you come back.when i go away i want to escape everything and that is tv too.I do watch big fat gypsy weddings as i love seeing the dresses more than anything.I do like come dine with me especially as hubby thinks its so funny when they get bitchy.Have to say i have gone right off watching soaps as they just bore me,except hollyoaks as my daughter watches it i do find i have got hooked a little.My favourite at the moment is vampire diaries ooooo to drool over damon! yummy x

Last edited by hayleyvemehmet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:49 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:sooo t.h.drop did you watch it? what did you think?

Ended up not seeing it......got destracted.....gonna watch it tonight tho!....let you know what I think.......sounds brill....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am