Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
Yohan
ruby
6 posters

Visit Visa's

ruby
    ruby

Visit Visa's Empty Visit Visa's

Post  ruby Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 am

I have to say that I've noticed a trend in women bringing their Turk over to the UK on a Visit Visa in the winter and then return back to Turkey for the summer season. This appears to be happening more and more each year, they winter in the UK and summer in Turkey.

That of course is fine if the Turk meets all the legal requirements to visit the UK. However, I wonder if these women have ever thought to themselves that if one day they want to apply for Settlement in the UK that they may be refused on the basis that the British Embassy may say that as they can financially support and maintain themselves in Turkey, that they have a settled life in Turkey, then the UK partner should reside and settle in Turkey and not the UK.

This scenario has happened to someone I know quite well and should be considered when women and askim are coming over to the UK regularly for winter holidays (a one off holiday is not a problem), that the British Embassy can and will use this reason to decline a Settlement Application.

Ruby
    Yohan
    Yohan

Visit Visa's Empty Re: Visit Visa's

Post  Yohan Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:43 am

Thats worrying me now. I was thinking we might try for a visit visa the end of this year but if it means we loose our chance of settlement visa in the future is it such a good idea? I thought you could get both?
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:50 am

Yohan wrote:Thats worrying me now. I was thinking we might try for a visit visa the end of this year but if it means we loose our chance of settlement visa in the future is it such a good idea? I thought you could get both?

Hi Yohan

Of course you can get both, although a Visit Visa is terribly difficult to obtain.

However, if you make repeated Visit Visa applications year in year out and then spend the summers in Turkey, then the British Embassy ask 'why dont you settle in Turkey?'

Dont worry, we can advise you nearer the time Cool

Ruby
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Visit visa are very hard to get and if you keep doing it they will think your working here

Maria x
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 am

Visit visas seem to be easier to get now than they ever used to be.

I think some are taking advantage of this situation, and having just a few months here at a time, in order to get around the language requirement that is needed to obtain a settlement visa.

Of course they can't work here legally doing things that way but I'm sure many do a bit of hush hush cash in hand work while they're here so it's the best of all worlds for those who aren't up to doing the language test.
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Course they work when theyre over for months on a vv.....what they doin here for so long....its not like any of them are rolling in it....
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Visit Visa's Pish_k10

Rubes
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:02 am

I hope you don't think I was intending on him working over here on a visit visa. He will just come over as a tourist and to see me, meet my family. He would not break the law and I would never let him do that. All we want to do is go on visits and tours around the area and down to London, just the normal type of things tourists do.
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:19 am

Yohan wrote:I hope you don't think I was intending on him working over here on a visit visa. He will just come over as a tourist and to see me, meet my family. He would not break the law and I would never let him do that. All we want to do is go on visits and tours around the area and down to London, just the normal type of things tourists do.

Hi Yohan

The comments were not aimed at the genuine tourists like you have mentioned in your post, so stop worrying. Have you never watched UK Border Force?, its based on people who come over on a Visit Visa and vanish from the system.

Then you have women who bring askim over for 6 months during the winter, ask yourself how they manage to financially sustain their stay, they dont make much money working the season in Turkey, so unless they bum around and scrounge off family members, where do you think they earn a bit of 'cash in the hand', from the local kebab shop of course.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Yohan,

I can't see where anyone suggested your boyfriend would work on the sly, while here on a visit visa. Of course, some visitors no doubt do work illegally, and when you take into account many of them have hardly any savings - you do need to wonder how the men finance their stays! With all due respect, some of the women who sponsor these men have financial obligations of their own - so it isn't even as though they could support the man for months on end - let alone keep him entertained! lol

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 am

They dont need entertaining Strawbs while shes at work Mad They just sleep or go on the pc watching turkish tv or go to the local kebab shop and get a freeby kebab. What a Face

Maria x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am