Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

Gay Transvestite Honour Killings In Turkey

Admin
    Admin

Gay Transvestite Honour Killings In Turkey

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Turkey is still very much behind the times as far as gay rights are concerned, and it's been revealed that honour killings extend to members of the family who are discovered to be gay, bisexual, transsexual or transvestites. It really is horrifying to think a family could kill their own child, and I thought this mainly went on in the east of Turkey - but that's a fallacy - it goes on all over Turkey right up to Istanbul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Turkey

It's so hypocritical, too. There are numerous gay/transsexual clubs in Istanbul, and yet the men (and women) who frequent them have to keep it secret from their families for fear of reprisal and shaming the family honour.

I realy think Turkey is stuck in the stone ages in many ways.....their human rights record is appalling!

Strawbs
    SozzledSally

Re: Gay Transvestite Honour Killings In Turkey

Post  SozzledSally on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 am

I read this earlier Strawbs, its very sad having to live a lie in Turkey Sad I hope they start to get in to the 20th century soon Surprised

Sal x
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Its a big stigma bein gay in turkey!........thats why gays come over here to be free....what I think is well wrong is when they use a woman to do it.......I heard about a gay turk who came over in 1996 duping a woman he met on holiday...they even had 3 kids and a house before he came a cropper 2 years ago...he was living a double life all that time but she got shot of him when she found out what he was doing outside with other men...he was happy with the situ as it was cos his family in turkey suspected nothing...and he was getting his gay sex when he went out...they all know now tho..................
    Maria

Post  Maria on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:46 pm

I dont know how I would handle that if I find out hubby was gay, did your mate go mad? pale what a shock for her! cyclops

Maria
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Maria wrote:I dont know how I would handle that if I find out hubby was gay, did your mate go mad? pale what a shock for her! cyclops

Maria

Maria she suspected for a long time....but never wanted to face up to it till it hit her in her face.....he got careless near the end and began getting irritable with her.... even tho she didnt do nothing wrong to him....she was just standing in his way but that wasnt her fault ffs!......he should of manned up in the beginning.......
    ruby

Post  ruby on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:31 am

Turkishheartdrop wrote:
    Maria wrote:I dont know how I would handle that if I find out hubby was gay, did your mate go mad? pale what a shock for her! cyclops

Maria

Maria she suspected for a long time....but never wanted to face up to it till it hit her in her face.....he got careless near the end and began getting irritable with her.... even tho she didnt do nothing wrong to him....she was just standing in his way but that wasnt her fault ffs!......he should of manned up in the beginning.......

THD, that must have been awful for the poor woman and those 3 children, and not to mention a shock too. These men are nothing but vile scum. Hope she recovers soon and meets a decent guy, one who wants her for her and will take on her children. These scumbags who use women as an escape route out of Turkey to lead a double life should be stipped of their UK immigration status and returned forthwith back to their beloved country.

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:55 pm