Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

Pink Elephants

hyatum
    hyatum

Pink Elephants Empty Pink Elephants

Post  hyatum Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 am

Nope, I wasnt smoking something strange nor had I been drinking! they were not pink elephants but the real ones.... but what an amazing experience.

We were having dinner last night and my two jack russels were going beserk! affraid they often do when there are small animals around. AFter about half an hour I heard some loud crashes and bangs and the most unmistakable sound of angry elephants trumpeting and that lovely rolling brrrrrrrrrr sound. As I could not see them from my house, I packed all the extended family up into my car and went over to my BIL and we watched a rather surreal scene. Thirty elephants bent on getting every mango off every mango tree in our area. and me shouting 'look look, Fil, fil'. elephant Now our little enclave is surrounded by a World Heritage Site but we are not fenced off, so animals just move around freely. Always at this time of the year, the eles (as we call them here) get a whiff of lovely, juicy delectable mangoes and they cruise over (but always late in the afternoon or at night) to have their fill. They first shake the tree and it rains torrents of mangoes, then for some reason, maybe because not all the fruit falls down, they begin to break the branches and whole trees. Last night we even saw them standing on their back legs reaching high up into the sky to pick the last few that have escaped that lascivious trunk. Later one large male came sauntering over to my cherished herb garden, I turned up Led Zeppelin hoping that the ele would be scared off, he wasn't so I am assuming with their finely tuned ears he has an appreciation for some good Rock music !!!! He only went off when I banged two big pots together. The landscape today looks a little trashed, but it will recover, because as soon as the mangoes are finished, the eles move off to other areas.

Another beautiful day in Africa.

Nicks
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Pink Elephants Empty Re: Pink Elephants

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Lovely read Nicks.....you have a way with words ya do....you shud be a writer...it took me right there....
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks THD

Wish you all could have been here to share it with me! It was funny...and special. elephant

Nicks xx
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 am

The only time i saw pink elephants was when i was totally out of it on the gas and air ( giving birth ) at the time i was told it didnt make you hallucinate but i have to say it bloomin well did make me Smile xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:51 am

hyatum wrote:Nope, I wasnt smoking something strange nor had I been drinking! they were not pink elephants but the real ones.... but what an amazing experience.

We were having dinner last night and my two jack russels were going beserk! affraid they often do when there are small animals around. AFter about half an hour I heard some loud crashes and bangs and the most unmistakable sound of angry elephants trumpeting and that lovely rolling brrrrrrrrrr sound. As I could not see them from my house, I packed all the extended family up into my car and went over to my BIL and we watched a rather surreal scene. Thirty elephants bent on getting every mango off every mango tree in our area. and me shouting 'look look, Fil, fil'. elephant Now our little enclave is surrounded by a World Heritage Site but we are not fenced off, so animals just move around freely. Always at this time of the year, the eles (as we call them here) get a whiff of lovely, juicy delectable mangoes and they cruise over (but always late in the afternoon or at night) to have their fill. They first shake the tree and it rains torrents of mangoes, then for some reason, maybe because not all the fruit falls down, they begin to break the branches and whole trees. Last night we even saw them standing on their back legs reaching high up into the sky to pick the last few that have escaped that lascivious trunk. Later one large male came sauntering over to my cherished herb garden, I turned up Led Zeppelin hoping that the ele would be scared off, he wasn't so I am assuming with their finely tuned ears he has an appreciation for some good Rock music !!!! He only went off when I banged two big pots together. The landscape today looks a little trashed, but it will recover, because as soon as the mangoes are finished, the eles move off to other areas.

Another beautiful day in Africa.

Nicks

That was such a lovely post Nicks, I really enjoyed reading it, so eloquent (not elephant ), now I really do want to make another return visit to SA. When I stayed in the Kruger Park I often used to hear the eles crashing against the fences and pulling down the trees. As you are so exposed Nicks, are you worried about being attacked and do the big five ever pose any danger to you?

Rubes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm