Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

The Brain Woman's Cage Has Been Severely Rattled OnTurkey Central - The Web's FRIENDLIEST Site!!

Admin
    Admin

The Brain Woman's Cage Has Been Severely Rattled OnTurkey Central - The Web's FRIENDLIEST Site!!

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Well, it's heating up over on Turkey Central with the Brain woman going into a tailspin at the suggestion she may have paid for her cyber baby-boy's visa! She is bouncing off the walls like a woman possessed bounce and is telling people to 'knock themselves out!" What an expression! Great reading when you've got a few spare minutes....but be prepared to come away scratching your head! She writes very long essays of about 600 or more words, but doesn't actually SAY anything!haha

Create Account

Logo
    Advanced This topic

View New Content
    Turkey Central
    Forums
    Members
    Gallery
    Blogs
    Calendar
    Chat
    Links
    Videos
    Content
    More

Turkey Central
    → The Meeting Place
    → Meet and Greet

Another American Living In America Dating (Online) A Turkish Man Living In Turkey
    Started by RainSoleil, Nov 18 2011 12:18 PM

Prev

Page 3 of 3

You cannot reply to this topic

47 replies to this topic
    #41 Lizaliza

Pretty Advanced Member
    Members
    PipPipPip
    46 posts

Posted Today, 03:13 AM
    Hi Rain, I feel that you're putting on a front and trying to pretend that you're much tougher than you really are. I think beneath that bolshy exterior of yours you are actually quite vulnerable (and yes, that is an assumption!) You tend to repeat yourself on certain things and say everyone is making assumptions, but when you think about it logically, as no-one on here actually knows you or this man - we can only make assumptions - but assumptions that are made on our experience of Turkey and Turkish men, and how you have described your story......

I feel you doubt this man : why else do you ask about the viza situation? It comes across as though you disbelieve what he told you about getting a viza? Yet another assumption of mine - but what other reason could there be for you doubting him? And you must do, otherwise you wouldn't ask members' on here if it was true or not that a Turk has difficulty obtaining a viza!Posted Image

I don't know what kind of viza he applied for (I'm assuming - another assumption! - that it was a visit viza in order to see you in the US) and knowing what I do about the viza process it would be easy for me to assume that the reason you are querying whether he's telling you the truth or not, is that you've sponsored that viza and possibly sent money towards it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other reason why you want reassurances that he's telling you the truth about having his viza declined. Why don't you take his word for it? You seem to be unusually perturbed by that.

I don't believe for a second that he would (or could) pay for your air fare and stay in Turkey. And had he got his viza I wonder how he would have funded his trip to the States? And as he hasn't got his viza, why hasn't he invited you over to Turkey to meet up? You could stay in a nice hotel in Itsanbul, for example, and he could travel up to see you - you'd be perfectly safe there - especially with all the power you have behind you!Posted Image

You said your relationship isn't just cyber; that it's Skype too, but Skype is cyber! It's all done through a computer! You also talk about people only responding to parts of your threads, but it's actually you who does that. There's been several questions thrown into the discussion that you've totally ignored. Such as when and how did you meet online? You seem reluctant to say, for some reason. You also said that he's travelled outside of Turkey in the past, but I wonder how true that is? He must have got a viza if that was the case, so how did he manage that? Which country did he go to?

The fact is, Rain, that between us all we have a wealth of experience and knowledge about Turkey and its men. You seem to mock the fact we do have experience, and I can't work out why that fact should cause such a reaction in you?

For what it's worth, and from my 'experience' of Turkey and its men, I've heard your sort of story a thousand times. I (and everyone else) have explained to you how these Turkish/Kurdish men operate, and it's no coincidence that they target western women online.

You ask yourself what a 20-year younger very handsome Kurdish man would be doing talking online to a woman old enough to be his mother, and who lives thousands of miles away in America? Just think about it logically.

Also ask yourself (and this is probably more advantageous to you) why a middle-aged woman such as yourself, who is intelligent and has a career in the States (I'm assuming you do have) ask yourself why a woman such as that would entertain a Turkish man (who's young enough to be her son) and spend all her free time talking to him for hours on the internet, simply because he was good-looking? I don't know if you're lonely or short of company, but very few women would waste their precious time doing that; they wouldn't would take such a man as he seriously. They 'might' find it amusing at first, but would very quickly tire of him (especially as he can barely speak English!) and would treat the whole thing as a bit of a laugh.

So rather than trying to work him out, maybe you should ask yourself why you're spending so much of your time on this man - this man you don't really know.

I'll end this with one other thing : you talk about God a lot, and that you're a good Christian - yet you say you're prepared to covert to this man's religion! My! How fickle and shallow is that?Posted Image But on top of that you shirk responsibility for your own actions by saying it's all God's work! You actually said that whatever God has planned for you will happen. That is complete nonsense. You have a FREE WILL! And if you WERE to covert to Islam where would that leave God and all his HIS plans?Posted Image

L x

#42 Reyhan

Maryland'da fakat Türkiye'de kalbim
    Members
    PipPipPipPipPip
    201 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

View PostSparkle16, on 21 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:
    Hi Rain - just caught up on the threads this morning and realized that this has been going on for months, not just a new thing. I really am curious why either you or Reyhan haven't gone to Turkey to meet these fellows. Reyhan mentioned that she has been cyberdating her fellow for 18 months . Are you nervous of traveling alone to Turkey? I can understand that. I was the first time but soon got over it. Maybe you don't have the vacation time or the expense is prohibitive.

It seems strange to me that you haven't jumped on a plane to go visit give the intensity of your arguments!. Aren't you curious? If he is just a friend, that is the best way to get an education about the country and you will be in safe hands.

Do you have plans to go visit him?......

Be bold, go visit! Otherwise, if you are waiting for him to visit you - it will never happen and what is the point of continuing this cyberrelationship. If he is just a passing indulgence and you find him flattering, your time and energy is better spend in real life relationships.

sorry for the delay in my reply. I haven't been able to visit him in Turkey yet because of an ongoing issue he's having with his brother. (Id prefer not to go too much into details for his privacy) That's what I meant by life issues causing us to have to wait until the time is right. He's been completely open with me about what's going on, or at least keeping me updated on that situation. But we both want to meet in person.

Admittedly I am always missing the feel of arms gently holding me, or of a soft kiss and all the nice things with being in a relationship where the other is always nearby. But if I was always dwelling on that I can't be near my sweetheart, Id always be depressed. I am optimistic though, and hope is what keeps me from becoming so depressed, and what makes it worth getting up early to go to work, and what motivates me to keep going in my graphic design class, and Turkish study, hoping that soon I can really meet him because I feel he is worth the wait.Posted Image And its not so much that I am nervous to meet him. I mean after more than a year knowing him, I still very much want to meet him in person. And it'd be fairly easy enough to arrange the time off from work and take a pause from my classes for a term. I am actually more nervous about the traveling part.Posted Image I've not flown anywhere in the US in over 20 years, let alone internationally. Not from a fear of flying, but now flight travel process is so different since 2001.

#43 Vic801

Supreme Member
    Members
    PipPipPipPipPip
    252 posts

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

Wow, why am I being so pounded on!!!
    Rain, I am sorry if I came across as forceful, and I certainly had no intention to hurt. All my apologies if my comments were miscontrued as "pounding". Put it down to the difference in internet communication vs real-life conversation!
    Nobody here on this forum is getting any fun pounding on you, here people are genuinely concerned and talking from experience. If nobody cared, nobody would reply. Advice is proffered, but only you can make your life choices. But do remember that if you decide to take this relationship to a higher level you'll have to grow another skin. You will unfortunately have to prepare yourself for hurtful comments not just from people you have never met, but from your nearest and dearest, your friends and family.

#44 RainSoleil

Trinity
    Members
    PipPip
    18 posts

Posted Today, 09:24 AM

View PostLizaliza, on 22 November 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:
    Hi Rain, I feel that you're putting on a front and trying to pretend that you're much tougher than you really are. I think beneath that bolshy exterior of yours you are actually quite vulnerable (and yes, that is an assumption!) You tend to repeat yourself on certain things and say everyone is making assumptions, but when you think about it logically, as no-one on here actually knows you or this man - we can only make assumptions - but assumptions that are made on our experience of Turkey and Turkish men, and how you have described your story...... I feel you doubt this man : why else do you ask about the viza situation? It comes across as though you disbelieve what he told you about getting a viza? Yet another assumption of mine - but what other reason could there be for you doubting him? And you must do, otherwise you wouldn't ask members' on here if it was true or not that a Turk has difficulty obtaining a viza!Posted Image I don't know what kind of viza he applied for (I'm assuming - another assumption! - that it was a visit viza in order to see you in the US) and knowing what I do about the viza process it would be easy for me to assume that the reason you are querying whether he's telling you the truth or not, is that you've sponsored that viza and possibly sent money towards it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other reason why you want reassurances that he's telling you the truth about having his viza declined. Why don't you take his word for it? You seem to be unusually perturbed by that. I don't believe for a second that he would (or could) pay for your air fare and stay in Turkey. And had he got his viza I wonder how he would have funded his trip to the States? And as he hasn't got his viza, why hasn't he invited you over to Turkey to meet up? You could stay in a nice hotel in Itsanbul, for example, and he could travel up to see you - you'd be perfectly safe there - especially with all the power you have behind you!Posted Image You said your relationship isn't just cyber; that it's Skype too, but Skype is cyber! It's all done through a computer! You also talk about people only responding to parts of your threads, but it's actually you who does that. There's been several questions thrown into the discussion that you've totally ignored. Such as when and how did you meet online? You seem reluctant to say, for some reason. You also said that he's travelled outside of Turkey in the past, but I wonder how true that is? He must have got a viza if that was the case, so how did he manage that? Which country did he go to? The fact is, Rain, that between us all we have a wealth of experience and knowledge about Turkey and its men. You seem to mock the fact we do have experience, and I can't work out why that fact should cause such a reaction in you? For what it's worth, and from my 'experience' of Turkey and its men, I've heard your sort of story a thousand times. I (and everyone else) have explained to you how these Turkish/Kurdish men operate, and it's no coincidence that they target western women online. You ask yourself what a 20-year younger very handsome Kurdish man would be doing talking online to a woman old enough to be his mother, and who lives thousands of miles away in America? Just think about it logically. Also ask yourself (and this is probably more advantageous to you) why a middle-aged woman such as yourself, who is intelligent and has a career in the States (I'm assuming you do have) ask yourself why a woman such as that would entertain a Turkish man (who's young enough to be her son) and spend all her free time talking to him for hours on the internet, simply because he was good-looking? I don't know if you're lonely or short of company, but very few women would waste their precious time doing that; they wouldn't would take such a man as he seriously. They 'might' find it amusing at first, but would very quickly tire of him (especially as he can barely speak English!) and would treat the whole thing as a bit of a laugh. So rather than trying to work him out, maybe you should ask yourself why you're spending so much of your time on this man - this man you don't really know. I'll end this with one other thing : you talk about God a lot, and that you're a good Christian - yet you say you're prepared to covert to this man's religion! My! How fickle and shallow is that?Posted Image But on top of that you shirk responsibility for your own actions by saying it's all God's work! You actually said that whatever God has planned for you will happen. That is complete nonsense. You have a FREE WILL! And if you WERE to covert to Islam where would that leave God and all his HIS plans?Posted Image L x
    Liza, I will not start by entertaining your slanderous remarks. You have your opinions and assumptions, as everyone else does. But we both know what opinions and assumptions can add up to. For instance, take a good long look at the first letters three letters of the word assumption. This is what bothers me about this sight. You can boast about your "experience" but I can't even expound on anything without being pounded on. You said, "You tend to repeat yourself on certain things and say everyone is making assumptions, but when you think about it logically, as no-one on here actually knows you or this man - we can only make assumptions - but assumptions that are made on our experience of Turkey and Turkish men, and how you have described your story......" So, you think about this! Why are you wasting so much of your time insulting me, when I said that I wasn't really looking for advice to begin with, but out of respect for this Forum I said that I wouldn't shun it? What you "feel" is of no importance to me! You're right, you have no facts about me nor this man, so why even make assumptions? If you're so experienced, you would have simply answered the question that I initially asked. I think it's a bit shallow of you to think that just because I was curious as to the difficulty of getting a travel Visa because this man tried and was denied, that I disbelieved him. Simply put, I asked because I'd never been to Turkey, and was curious if it were typical; thinking that would be answered and possibly explained. But, instead, it was read into so totally wrong. You asked, "Why else do you ask about the Visa situation?" Well, if you've read all my posts, you would see that I stated in them just what I did in the above statement for the 20th time. Why does my curiosity turn in to me doubting? I don't understand that! Your assumption that I must have sponsored him or sent him money is dead wrong again! Read my posts again. I have never sent him anything nor has he asked. I have no reason to lie here! If you're reading why are you making all of these assumptions about things that I've never mentioned or talked about. If it were the case where I had sponsored him or given him money, then this is what I would be asking the Forum about. And, contrary to what you might think, considering your "assumptions" of me, I don't give men money or anything else for that matter. And, I wasn't querying his truthfulness, rather the issue of difficulty itself. Again, if you can read and comprehend, you would have understood all of this without having to write this stretchy "in my face" post. And, yes you are wrong! So, don't even trouble yourself trying to think of another reason why I needed reassurances that he's telling the truth about having his Visa denied, when I never asked for the assurance to begin with. Again, go back to my real reason for asking the question! C-u-r-i-o-s-i-t-y! But, if it makes you feel better to call it the way you see it, then knock yourself out! I'm just trying to spare you some time and energy from going back and forth "trying to think of reasons" for stuff that I haven't asked for your assistance on. So know that regarding him not getting his Visa does not perturb me at all. Your assumptions have you in a dark alley with a brick wall at the end of it. You have mentioned twice that you don't believe that he could pay for fare. Does it amuse you to belittle this man? Do you get off on doing this? Another uninvited statement by you, as I did not ask you if you thought he could pay a fare to or from the U.S. or anywhere else. What is it, really, that you hate here? And, as far as him inviting me, he has! But, if I were to visit Turkey, I would not go for the purpose of meeting up with him. And, I certainly wouldn't need him to pay my fare. He invited me, and just like any lady would, I simply asked how "I would get there", and...well you know the rest, because you are "experienced" and have read all my post.....I assume... Posted Image. And, as far as me ignoring questions...another assumption of yours. Not ignore, just haven't answered them yet. But, just so you know, since you're so anxious to find out, I met him, or rather he met me on Facebook. If it matters where we met on the internet, I do welcome the advice of the importance of that...if you can give an experienced answer. But, no, wait!Posted Image , skip that! No worries for answering question for me again. They seem to always lead to something else and get blown way out of proportion. But, to answer your question, "where has he been?"...Well I saw a whole album of vacation pictures in London when he went to Blackpool earlier this year. But, if I know you, you will turn those pictures into....."oh yeah! Those were photo shopped".

I don't "mock" your experience, just unsure of your protocol. And, if you call my being bothered by how you give advice based on your assumptions a reaction, then, ok...you're entitled. But, don't hurt yourself trying to "work out why." I just gave you the reason.....your assumptions + your advice = bad advice....no matter how experienced you are. Another thing that bothers me is that you can throw your experience all up in my face, but just the mention of my credentials (which I don't even mention anymore) causes a ruckus! While I appreciate the fact that you have experience, please no that just as much as I am experienced in what I do I know that I am not perfect or without err and by the same token, neither are you. Do you believe every bit of advice that you give, having this experience, is always on point? Surely not! However, I don't doubt your experience and knowledge re: Turkey, but that doesn't make every piece of advice you give completely accurate. I do appreciate your efforts in helping women who fall into the hands of the "bad guys." And, I am sure your experience can lend some deterrence to your listeners.

Can't answer your question about the Kurdish man, as my acquaintance is Turkish. But, either way men are men. And you're the experienced one. I don't know about that part of the country. I know that here in the U.S. age is just a number and many of us don't have hang ups about it. I can't count on my hands and feet the number of married couples here who have even wider age gaps than that. But, then again, that's here. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because you asked that question, not I.

And, as far as me talking to him on the internet, I never said I spent hours doing so. Another assumption of yours! I'm not lonely or short of company...but, I am a grown woman, and do what I want to do! So, know that I am not wasting "my precious time" talking to him. It is your assumption (which, I might add, is a wrong one) that I spend hours talking to him on the internet. If you have already assumed that we can't communicate because of a language barrier, then how can you turn around and assume, too, that we spend hours talking. That's kind of an oxymoron statement, wouldn't you say? So to answer your next question, why I spend so much time on this man, I don't...unless of course we're talking about time by your standards...of which I don't know.

Your "God" question is another assumption, and, (since you are experienced) I would call it and oversight on your part. I never said that I would convert to his religion, I said I would be willing to worship with his sect. Experienced one, worship and converting is two different things. And as far as your statement about God's plans for my life being complete nonesense, I don't know your beliefs, and won't even entertain that. But, if it makes you feel good to call it that....then....ok.... Know that God's plans remains the same for me as I never said (as you have misunderstood) that I would convert to Islam. And, I'll end with that!

Cares!

Rain

P.S. So you can get some accuracy out of my response, you might want to read yours along side mine, as I responded in the order that you wrote. Posted Image

View PostVic801, on 22 November 2011 - 08:39 AM, said:
    Rain, I am sorry if I came across as forceful, and I certainly had no intention to hurt. All my apologies if my comments were miscontrued as "pounding". Put it down to the difference in internet communication vs real-life conversation! Nobody here on this forum is getting any fun pounding on you, here people are genuinely concerned and talking from experience. If nobody cared, nobody would reply. Advice is proffered, but only you can make your life choices. But do remember that if you decide to take this relationship to a higher level you'll have to grow another skin. You will unfortunately have to prepare yourself for hurtful comments not just from people you have never met, but from your nearest and dearest, your friends and family.
    No worries. Never said I was looking for a higher level. Don't need another skin. I'm half Black, my skin has been thickened enough. My statement about pounding on me is not really a "baby cry", I just can't understand all the assumptions and the nerve to put harsh words, and inaccurate comments behind them. Aye, aye, aye!!! So no preparation needed dear, as my circle of "nearest and dearest" are very supportive of each other. Where I'm from "blood is thicker than water."

Thanks for the apologies! I'm fine!!!

Rain

View PostReyhan, on 22 November 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:
    sorry for the delay in my reply. I haven't been able to visit him in Turkey yet because of an ongoing issue he's having with his brother. (Id prefer not to go too much into details for his privacy) That's what I meant by life issues causing us to have to wait until the time is right. He's been completely open with me about what's going on, or at least keeping me updated on that situation. But we both want to meet in person. Admittedly I am always missing the feel of arms gently holding me, or of a soft kiss and all the nice things with being in a relationship where the other is always nearby. But if I was always dwelling on that I can't be near my sweetheart, Id always be depressed. I am optimistic though, and hope is what keeps me from becoming so depressed, and what makes it worth getting up early to go to work, and what motivates me to keep going in my graphic design class, and Turkish study, hoping that soon I can really meet him because I feel he is worth the wait.Posted Image And its not so much that I am nervous to meet him. I mean after more than a year knowing him, I still very much want to meet him in person. And it'd be fairly easy enough to arrange the time off from work and take a pause from my classes for a term. I am actually more nervous about the traveling part.Posted Image I've not flown anywhere in the US in over 20 years, let alone internationally. Not from a fear of flying, but now flight travel process is so different since 2001.
    Merhaba Reyhan, hang in there. Please don't get depressed. If it's meant to happen, it will. But, usually what we want doesn't always happen in our timing. I hope the personal matters can be worked out so that you can be with him real soon, though. Work has me flying all the time, so I know the hassle all too well since 2001. When you get ready to travel that distance, just have your iPod loaded, get you a Kindle, and have the flight attendants to keep the wine coming. Between listening to your music, reading your eBooks, drinking your wine, and dosing a few times, you will be in the arms of your man before you know it! I hope you get your wish and wish for you the very best!

Sincerely,

Rain

#45 sue

Supreme Member
    Members
    PipPipPipPipPip
    319 posts

Posted Today, 10:10 AM
    Hi again, Rain,
    I just wanted to explain something which may be taking this discussion in the wrong direction.
    One of the biggest differences in Turkish society is between the 'educated' and 'uneducated'. Life can be very hard here, there is no social support, and some people have to work 2 or 3 jobs to get by. Kids leave school early to work for the family. Some people in Istanbul will earn 700 TL - maybe less in the provinces.
    Now, no one is saying that uneducated people are worthless, an uneducated person can become successful, and they may very well have amazing life skills which were never taught to the kids in private colleges and private universities. But as I said, this is the biggest difference in Turkish society, you will hear of and meet people who came from nothing and have done very, very well for themselves. However, as has been said before, the likelihood of an educated woman from a big city in Turkey, entertaining any attention from an 'uneducated' boy from a province is extremely, extremely low. But, an educated woman from a foreign country WOULD.
    Now, you are not interested in his finances, his education, his prospects, because it's just a cyber friendship, right? But, you must understand, that the possibility of him being interested in those things about you IS quite a high possibility.
    THIS is what we are trying to convey to you, that society, and culture in Turkey make this situation quite common.
    THIS is what our experience(s) is trying to tell you.
    It may not be what you want to hear, and it may be completely wrong for your situation, BUT it is highly possible, and as women, we want you to hear it!
    All the best.

#46 RainSoleil

Trinity
    Members
    PipPip
    18 posts

Posted Today, 10:51 AM

View Postsue, on 22 November 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:
    Hi again, Rain,
    I just wanted to explain something which may be taking this discussion in the wrong direction.
    One of the biggest differences in Turkish society is between the 'educated' and 'uneducated'. Life can be very hard here, there is no social support, and some people have to work 2 or 3 jobs to get by. Kids leave school early to work for the family. Some people in Istanbul will earn 700 TL - maybe less in the provinces.
    Now, no one is saying that uneducated people are worthless, an uneducated person can become successful, and they may very well have amazing life skills which were never taught to the kids in private colleges and private universities. But as I said, this is the biggest difference in Turkish society, you will hear of and meet people who came from nothing and have done very, very well for themselves. However, as has been said before, the likelihood of an educated woman from a big city in Turkey, entertaining any attention from an 'uneducated' boy from a province is extremely, extremely low. But, an educated woman from a foreign country WOULD.
    Now, you are not interested in his finances, his education, his prospects, because it's just a cyber friendship, right? But, you must understand, that the possibility of him being interested in those things about you IS quite a high possibility.
    THIS is what we are trying to convey to you, that society, and culture in Turkey make this situation quite common.
    THIS is what our experience(s) is trying to tell you.
    It may not be what you want to hear, and it may be completely wrong for your situation, BUT it is highly possible, and as women, we want you to hear it!
    All the best.
    Sue, thank you for your eloquent response. You give some very sound advice here in a very professional manner. Thank you for looking out for me and others. And, please know that your advice is well taken. However, I haven't eluded to the fact that I was in love with this man, and was ready to hop on the first flight to Turkey. If I was at this point, then this advice would be much sought after by me. I have been getting [so much garbage], as far as I'm concerned, thrown at me based on assumptions or something that I never said, that it's rediculous! And, that, I don't care for at all.

My question has been answered....It is difficult to obtain a Visa. My question was not asked because I did not believe my friend when he told me that he was denied, but because I simply wanted to know if that was typical. Someone on the Forum insists otherwise which, to me, is absurd!!! If it is advice being given, then I don't need something shoved down my throat that I never said! Anyway, I didn't ask him to get a Visa. He just share with me one day (and showed me the paperwork) that he tried to get one and was denied.

And, as far as everthing you all have conveyed to me is concerned, if you would go back and read the majority of my post, I have said that I don't dismiss the possibility of this man being any of what you say. But, I am ruler or judge of no one. I just keep my guards up at all times; as everyone on the face of this earth will LIE about something!!! Again, thank you for you advice, and I appreciate your efforts.

Cares,

Rain

#47 sue

Supreme Member
    Members
    PipPipPipPipPip
    319 posts

Posted Today, 11:12 AM
    You're welcome, Rain.
    I hope one day you will be able to visit Turkey, there is a lot to see and do here. The landscape is great, the history is great, the food is great, the holidays are great.
    The people and the culture can be really wonderful, it is very different to what you are used to, I'm sure. They can be a challenge sometimes, but what is life if we don't meet these challenges and learn from them?
    xx

#48 MutluKadin

Members
    PipPip
    7 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 PM
    People, it seems that for every point we bring up, Rain wants to argue. She's posts things twice as long as us to "pound" on *us* and is looking for an audience. I was loathe to say that at first, but it has become clear to me now.

I still say that if she really is interested, Rain should go to Turkey to learn more about the country this man is from. Fine, take a friend. Meet or not meet this man. But it seems totally pointless to invest this much time and energy into something unless you are serious. Maybe all she's getting out of it is winding us up???

BTW,Rain, I *did* call your guy a man from God- I presumed he was Muslim... And even if you are legitimate and so is your Turk in question and you two actually made a go of it, if you show him this kind of treatment/attitude you've showed us, I don't think he'd stand for it very long... Just an observation and word to the wise.

Good luck.

Admin
    Admin

Re: The Brain Woman's Cage Has Been Severely Rattled OnTurkey Central - The Web's FRIENDLIEST Site!!

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:41 pm

Oooooooooops!

Forgot to post the link, too! Wink

http://www.turkeycentral.com/index.php?/topic/12890-another-american-living-in-america-dating-online-a-turkish-man-living-in-turkey/page__pid__60033__st__40#entry60033

Strawbs
    hyatum

Re: The Brain Woman's Cage Has Been Severely Rattled OnTurkey Central - The Web's FRIENDLIEST Site!!

Post  hyatum on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 am

Think the Brain Woman's posts are a total wind-up....the author just waits for some bait.... then BAM she comes back with a tirade.....Which is very long-winded but somehow misses the point. Anyway I think she is just bored and having a go at the whole Turkish 'thing' in a very round-about way...but I am not sure where the whole racial overtone comes into the mix Suspect . And Who cares if she a half-black, a quarter-black or a Full-Back afro lol! Oh and I noticed she blasphemed in text and then pretended to be all Godly. I think she just likes duelling with words...so prehaps we should send over a couple of Gladiators..if they are not there already. lol! Anyway it's quite entertaining. thanks Strawbs

Nicks
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:46 am

I feel sorry for that poor Reyhan. She really does sound very vulnerable indeed. It can't be nice living with the spectre of depression looming and if you do live like that, the last thing you need is an opportunistic leach of a Turk/Kurd waiting in the wings to mess with your head, emotions - not to mention your finances! She sounds incredibly trusing, naive and well meaning it's such a shame. Women like her are just meat and drink to these internet chancers.

What a complete and utter load of nonsense that she can't visit because of "an ongoing issue with his brother". Who has ever heard such a thing, and more to the point, when they're both adults, who would believe such nonsense? It's testament to her trusting and niave nature that she does I suppose!

I really hope she's not sending him money but I fear she will be. I don't suppose for a minute that she's going to reveal that though is she? She seems to be happy just to have him in her life whatever he does or says. That's just so desperate and needy.

I don't say she shouldn't be internet dating but surely there must be millions of men in the USA that she could cyber date and pin her hopes on? If it's a Turk/Kurd she's after then other women on these sites have proved that there are thousands of them inside the USA with dubious immigration status that they're looking to regularise. I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to enter into a dialogue with her - of course they'd have no ulterior motive in doing so. She's find herself married off before she could say "visa" Wink

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

hyatum wrote:Think the Brain Woman's posts are a total wind-up....the author just waits for some bait.... then BAM she comes back with a tirade.....Which is very long-winded but somehow misses the point. Anyway I think she is just bored and having a go at the whole Turkish 'thing' in a very round-about way...but I am not sure where the whole racial overtone comes into the mix Suspect . And Who cares if she a half-black, a quarter-black or a Full-Back afro lol! Oh and I noticed she blasphemed in text and then pretended to be all Godly. I think she just likes duelling with words...so prehaps we should send over a couple of Gladiators..if they are not there already. lol! Anyway it's quite entertaining. thanks Strawbs

Nicks

Hi Nicks,

I suspect she's a wind-up, too. Though having said that, I've read some incredibly implausible stories over the years (and sometimes from nutters who are totally off the Richter scale) and they've actually turned out to be genuine! Shocked

I just wonder where all these nuttes used to hang out before the Internet came along!

I agree with you, totally - she is trying her level best to get a racial argument going, and no-one's biting. Grrrrrrrr for her! Haha! She constantly slips in things like 'pot kettle' 'whitewash' - she has a chip on both shoulders by the sound of things. And doesn't she just lurve the word 'ASSUMPTION'!!!! It's almost bordering on Tourette's, and I just loved it when one of them started talking about 'postulating'! lol Right up my street that kind of thing! tongue

Brain is a total loon and is probably making the whole thing up - you never really know. She made one comment 'knock yourself out' which I've only ever heard once before - and that was by that other raving loon, Kate aka Lara aka Yeliz who runs the shitty B&B dump up in the shittiest area of shitty Sheffield. I'm not sure if you're familiar with her story.......but I had to actually get the police to issue her with an Harrassment Order. What a Face She was very similar in her loony outrages as Brain is.......and also has massive chips on her shoulder about race and colour. I don't think they are the same person, but they could be related! lol

Strawbs

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Guveclover wrote:I feel sorry for that poor Reyhan. She really does sound very vulnerable indeed. It can't be nice living with the spectre of depression looming and if you do live like that, the last thing you need is an opportunistic leach of a Turk/Kurd waiting in the wings to mess with your head, emotions - not to mention your finances! She sounds incredibly trusing, naive and well meaning it's such a shame. Women like her are just meat and drink to these internet chancers.

What a complete and utter load of nonsense that she can't visit because of "an ongoing issue with his brother". Who has ever heard such a thing, and more to the point, when they're both adults, who would believe such nonsense? It's testament to her trusting and niave nature that she does I suppose!

I really hope she's not sending him money but I fear she will be. I don't suppose for a minute that she's going to reveal that though is she? She seems to be happy just to have him in her life whatever he does or says. That's just so desperate and needy.

I don't say she shouldn't be internet dating but surely there must be millions of men in the USA that she could cyber date and pin her hopes on? If it's a Turk/Kurd she's after then other women on these sites have proved that there are thousands of them inside the USA with dubious immigration status that they're looking to regularise. I'm sure one of them would be more than happy to enter into a dialogue with her - of course they'd have no ulterior motive in doing so. She's find herself married off before she could say "visa" Wink

Hi Judith,

Well, I did kind of feel sorry for that Reyhan at one time (and I still do to a degree) - but when I used to post on TC she took great umbrage to me when I pointed out how ridiculous these LDR's are with STRANGERS halfway across the world. She became MOST annoyed and rather aggressive towards me. An angry little wallflower!

She may be daft and desperate, but surely she doesn't REALLY believe he's putting her off from visiting because of his brother! lol If he's got an ongoing problem with his brother what's that got to do with her?!!!!! His brother's got nothing to do with THEM as a couple!

He just doesn't want her to fly over there to visit him - because his WIFE won't like it! silent I wonder what his game is? I suspect he's trying to get little presents out of her now and then, he's not in this for a visa or anything like that, he's just hanging around feeding her bullshit because she's probably sending him small gifts every so often. Or maybe he gets his rocks off at work by having cyber sex with her in between bus arrivals? OK, she doesn't look like a hottie little sexpot - but no hottie little sexpot is going to give him a free peepshow is she?! Reyhan would, though. Like Sirin used to do with Oz before she flew over to have sex with him in Istanbul. Eeeeew....how low can the bar go?! Shocked

Poor Reyhan will hang on in there for years..............she's living in a dreamworld and it will never become reality. I always cringe when she talks about her 'Turk man'. It sounds so needy and creepy and weird!

Sad indeed.

Strawbs
    hyatum

Post  hyatum on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm

HI Strawbs

Think your right, Brain has very bad Tourette's.....I'm surprised she does'nt cuss more, but perhaps she's holding it in for the big explosion. affraid But she could try and expand her vocab a bit. study I knew about a SA man who had Tourettes who was a marathon runner, and he would just start swearing and blaspheming mid-marathon at all the other competitors!!! Can you imagine running your guts out and then having some-one running beside you shouting obscenities and screaming that your a bloody %$#@*& moron &%$#-face!!! He was a Legends....Maybe it was his way of encouraging the others to run faster lol! OMG

Nicks

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Haha, Nicks! I'd love to see that man running and swearing! I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it! silent I get the terrible giggles sometimes (always at the most inopportune moment affraid ) and it's not that I'm being nasty, I think it's just tension release. So if someone has Tourette's I can't help laughing when they screech out swear words all of a sudden!!

And it's always swear words isn't it? You noticed that? It must be some kind of urge they can't control; they know it's wrong, but they can't help blurting it out! The thing is, the SA Tourette's man probably makes all the other runners want to pee themselves! Good tactic! tongue

Back to Braindrain, it seems the topic has been officially closed. I wonder what she'll do for release now? She made out (or fantasised) that she was Black Bond and had been TRAINED to interrogate - but she was too barking and dense to hold a normal conversation - let alone surreptitiously interrogate someone!

She tried desperately hard to try and come across learned, and she was obviously impressed by the word ASSUMPTION! She reminded me of those people who discover a new word and make any excuse to keep dropping it into conversations, even when it's not appropriate. Soooo embarrassing! She had the sauce to tell one member that her post was lenghthy and stretchy - yet hers rambled on and on and on and on and on............ Sleep so much so you were forced to skim them - so monotonous and boring they were.

I wonder whose got the pleasure of HER today?! lol!

Strawbs
    Maria

Post  Maria on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Frigging mental case she is! :face:she must be to think people would believe all that crap about her being in FBI ffs cyclops like everybody would believe that, nutcase. The nets loaded with nuts.

Maria
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am

Yes Strawbs "Turk man" is a weird and creepy name to call him - it sounds a bit like cave man lol!

It beggars belief in my view how some of these women are so readily fobbed off by the lame excuses that these men feed them for not being straight with them, or doing what they've said they'd do. You've got Reyhan here who must know that it's patently pathetic and a downright lie that she can't visit Turkey in order to see her "Turk man" because he has an "ongoing prblem with his brother" as she so delicately puts it. And she tells us she hasn't even asked what the ongoing problem is!! What's that all about?

And then there's the other one who can't pin her man down to marry her because he's been fobbing her off for months with some lame excuse about an address for the paperwork. I mean come on!! All those women getting married out there week in and week out and not one can have a quiet word in her ear and tell her that what he's telling her is a complete and utter load of bollocks.

I think these women fell down with the last shower, I really do.
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:21 am

Turk man sounds nuts. Suspect

Reyhan is being played,not sure what for but played for something Shocked

Mistrals bloke could marry her without an addy,all the blokes get married and put any old place down, it doesnt matter. Hes just wriggling out of it, how bad is that? Suspect Hes keeping her dangling for gifts and as a last resort may be Arrow

Pol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 am