Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+5
Maria
SozzledSally
Turkishheartdrop
Admin
ruby
9 posters

Exercise Regime

ruby
    ruby

Exercise Regime Empty Exercise Regime

Post  ruby Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 am

Strawbs

Now that the winter months are almost upon us, I was wondering how your exercise regime is going in preparation for your forthcoming skiing holiday?

I have done many exercise programmes in the past, I am a good ice skater and also do the odd bit of jogging. Only thing with jogging is that I run, then have to stop for a breather, then turn the jog into a brisk walk as you have to be extremely atheletic to jog for miles. I never jog with another person as I believe that everyone jogs at their own pace and I would get fed up having to keep stopping and starting for another person Shocked Mind you if your name is Cukurbagli then you do have the advantage of having another leg in which to rest upon elephant

So Strawbs, what are you and Ertie doing as an exercise programme?

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Exercise Regime Empty Re: Exercise Regime

Post  Admin Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:38 am

Ooooh, Ruby!

What's our exercise programme? Exclamation We don't go jogging - and round here it would be more like mountain climbing even if we did. I used to do very brisk walking (which I loved) but I lived on the flat then - so it was much easier. But we do go the the gym once a week now and do mainly thigh exercises with weights. They're the most important ones for skiing.

The only problem I have (since the accident) is that my lower back aches after I've exercised rigorously - but that's something I've just got to live with. I'm lucky I wasn't paralysed - so a couple of painkillers and a large brandy puts paid to that! tongue

Luckily, I haven't lost my confidence, and with skiing it's like riding a bike - once you've learnt you never forget. So it's easy for me really, as long as I try not to dwell on what could happen if I did have a bad fall. But that could happen to anyone - whether they'd had a back injury or not.

As for the exercising - jogging would be useless for us pre-skiing , but leg exercises are good for sure. Every time I come back from skiing my thighs feel as firm and strong as a rugby players! I could probably crack nuts with them! Well, slight exaggeration - but you know what I mean! tongue Ertie's got lovely firm thighs - so his go wonderfully firm and hard after a week of skiing. He's really taken to it - and seems determined to overtake me - but that ain't gonna happen - unless I let him tongue He's very good, though. We've started going to the dry ski slope to brush up - I love gong there - I almost feel like I'm on holiday! So that's mainly the pre-ski exercises we're doing : once a week in the gym and the occasional trip to the dry slope.

Going back to jogging - when I lived in Balham I was very close to Clapham Common and every night (and mornings) there were loads of people out jogging round the Common. But more often that not everyone jogged solo - probably for the reaasons you said : they went at different paces and took their jogging seriously. But quite a few couples would jog together - probably more as a social thing. Mind you, it's difficult to talk when you're jogging! Haha! I suppose the Refreshment House is the first stop! On Clapham Common it was the bushes.............do a Google!

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Strawbs

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 pm

What rude thing did you write Ruby LOL................slap bums all round!
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm

Do you ever get fatsos go skieing Strawbs? silent I bet they dont get hurt if they fall over rabbit You are ever so adventrous and active arent you. Smile

Sal x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Sal,

I've never seen many fat people skiing, to be honest. You'll see large people (tall and broad) and you'll also see one or two slightly tubby people, but I've never seen a fat or obese person skiing. Most of the people you see skiing are very fit - you need to be fit to ski, and anyone who's seriously overweight would really struggle walking around with heavy ski boots on, and their skis over their shoulder.

They wouldn't fit into a chair-lift, either.

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:47 am

Hi Maria,

The link you recommended shows vests etc which go up to a Size 16, and a couple that go up to a Size 18, but it would be very hard to find a skisuit in a Size 18, I'd have thought. The top size is usually 16 - which is, I suppose, a plus size - according to them.

I've never seen anyone who looks, say, a Size 24 on the slopes. I'll send you a cyber rose if you can find one online! Wink Oh, just in case.....I don't need one! Haha! I've got my skisuits - two black ones and one red one. Very warm and cosy they are, too! I love you

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 pm

A size 16/18 is a plus size if you check the charts....tho I dont think thats massive......
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 pm

In the rag trade outsize clothes start at size 14 upward. 18 is very big and anything over that is extra plus outsize clothing. Ski wear looks tight so I would think a 16 was more of a 14 Suspect

Pipxoxo
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:52 pm

14 outsize?.........14 is normal average...no?....
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 am

It depends where you shop. Some sizes in shops are different. I shop in New Look and they do plus sizes in fashionable lines, also Evans do some nice lines. I'm a size 26 and its totally stupid to call a 14 plus size, anything over 18 is plus size to my mind. People are bigger these days and it's offensive using the word outsize.. plus is much better. Nearly all the women in Britain are plus size that is 16 and over and it's a stigma if you ask me. Marily Monroe was a plus size 16 and look at her!
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 am

Blimey Davina,

I could not imagine you being a size 26. Do you not worry about being so overweight? The health risks of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure to name but a few.

What do you eat in a normal day?

Ruby
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:41 am

Was watching tele a few weeks back showing Britains fattest bride to be, think she's about 35 stone, she met her fella on a bbw site and she said just what you said Davina, that men like curvy women and look at how curvy MM was! cyclops

Pipxoxo
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:55 am

Take a lookie tongue shes not 35 stone shes 40 stone and wants to loose her double chin for her wedding bom

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/fattestbrideinbritain/

Pipxoxo
    DennyK
    DennyK

Post  DennyK Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:47 pm

pig
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:22 am

That "Britian's Fattest Bride" woman and her step daughter were featured on a programme I was watching the other day. The ITV website bills her as "the woman who feels fabulous with her flab", and the programme I watched showed her appearing on "This Morning" too. It was odd that on the one I was watching, whilst constantly going on about how she had no problem whatsoever with her size and nor did her partner (who was also very large too) she seemed to be constantly breaking into tears - not the actions of a person who's happy as far as I'm concerned.

What I thought was worst of all though was that the weight of the step daughter, who appeared to be only about 16 years old, was still at a salvegable level. A decent diet may have seen her back to a normal weight. However, hanging around with her step mother all the time, who only seemed to sit about and eat, is only going to mean she adopts her habits and steadily puts on more and more weight so that eventually she'll be the same size as her. She is not a good role model for her.

The older woman should face up to the fact that her size does not really make her happy at all and do something to address it. That way hopefully she will make herself happier and also be a better role model for the young girl.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:33 pm

I saw that 40 stoner on This Morning, and I also watched a documentary about her. I think she's mentally ill; no-one gets that fat without having severe mental issues. She's also in great denial about her size, and doesn't seem to realise how grotesque she is. There was a clip in the documentary where she waddled along a pavement like a giant exploding blancmange - all distorted out of shape with huge rolls and mounds of fat hanging off her giant body - and she said that she couldn't understand some people : "look at Marilyn Monroe - she was curvy - and all the men loved her!" Exclamation

Why is it that fat people like to compare themselves to Marilyn Monroe?! Marilyn Monroe was NOT fat! And she was not a Size 16, either. An American Size 16 is an English Size 12 for one thing, and back in the 50's/60's clothes were cut to a smaller fit. A Size 12 now is actually larger than what a Size 12 was back then. Marilyn Monroe's measurements were real hourglass (you can find them on Google) and were something like 36.22.36. She had a tiny waist, which made her ample - though not particularly big - bosom appear bigger. Bosom - that's an old-fashioned word! I must have gone back in time! Haha! Anyway, Marilyn Monroe was not a fattie, so for giant whales to compare themselves to her is quite frankly bonkers. Giant whales, besides being huge, lose all their shape and turn into exploding meringues - which is about as sexy, attractive and appealing as being sat upon by a 40-stone thick lump of melting lard.

This woman's husband-to-be must have serious issues, too. Why would anyone seek out a grotesque fattie like her?! He obviously knows she ain't gonna run off or be pinched! I nearly fell off my chair when she said her GP told her she needs to get to 20 Stone before trying for a baby. Twenty Stone?!!!!!! FFS! That is MASSIVE! OK, it's not as massive as 40 stone - but it's still HUGE! I wonder if her GP really said that to her? Twenty stone is FAR too dangerous a weight to try and get pregnant.

I also noticed how Eamonn Holmes went all stiff (probably to stifle a laugh) when she said she wanted to lose a 'bit of weight, to lose her double chin! Haha! That's the LEAST of her problems! I shudder to think what she'll look like when (or if) she does eventually lose hundreds of pounds of weight - she'll have all that hanging, droopy skin and will probably need a full body lift. Talk about self-abuse! How can anyone allow themselves to get THAT big?!!! There has to be a stop-off point where you realise you're going up and up, and you do something about it. She must be eating SO much food to maintain her weight! Just to keep that 40 stone body ticking over she must need about 8000 calories a day, so she's really packing it in! I wonder what the hell she eats? You'd think she'd feel sooo uncomfortable and stuffed! Eugh! She even has to to sit on a stall in the kitchen while she's packing the fridge - she's too fat to stand for any length of time. What an awful way to live - if you can call that living.

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:39 pm

MM was slim with curves....not fat LOL...Strawbs you sure that bird eats 8000 cals a day Wink ....you sure....
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:20 pm

We all have our opinions on what is a healthy weight. I am a big girl but I am fit and healthy. I am quite tall and big boned so I can take the extra weight and I eat a healthy diet. I live on veggies and never eat junk food except for kebabs which are probably the healthiest take out food you can get. It's much healthier than Chinese or Indian but I do sometimes have those as a special treat and I sometimes have some choccy when I've got PMT but I don't eat loads of it in one go. I am not as active as I'd like to be being a pen pusher and there's no gyms near me so exercise is hard. I was bigger than I am now and I wasn't so happy with that so I cut back and lost a little but it wasn't easy and was hard to budge. Marilyn was a size 16 I'm sure of that. I've read it many times and she never looked skinny to me. I read that she did have a weight problem and had dresses in different sizes. It's each to our own with weight. My Turk boyfriend never complained to me about it and he was fit and trim so if it did bother him he hid it well. I blame the media for brainwashing us all into thinking we all have to be like models. That's why so many girls have anorexia and eating disorders. We are all different shapes and sizes and people should respect that.
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:10 am

Anyone who can allow themselves to become morbidly obese has serious mental and physical health conditions that needs the attention of a doctor as ultimately the fat in the body will create a long list of other diseases. Instead of placing the blame on the media or using the excuse of being big boned, try taking control of your life. If there are no gyms in your area, go out walking for a couple of hours two or three times a week, cut out the chocolate, carbs, chips, pizzas and follow a healthy eating plan of fish, chicken, salad, fruit. These days there is loads of choice in the supermarkets, you can either choose to be a fatty or get a grip and take control.

I dont care what anyone says, you dont get morbidly obese by following a healthy diet. At the end of the day I dont give a toss how fat someone becomes as it wont affect my figure Very Happy

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 am