Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

JW - One Smug, Superior Hypocrite

Guveclover

JW - One Smug, Superior Hypocrite

Post  Guveclover on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 am

I just thought I'd point out here how bad she is.

On the "Considering Islam" thread over on TL where JW said she'd like to "take me down in the street" you'll notice that she had a hissy fit when she read that I'd written this:

With regard to what he might think of you effectively converting his daughter to Islam along with you, without her consent, you say "her father would just have to accept it" as you have "excepted [sic] his nightly prayers he has constructed out of his own imagination."

When she read this she said:

As for the editing jab, I've gone back and fixed my errors in the past (in fact I have with this one to add something I forgot to mention), but I've never been compelled to point out others' mistakes. I feel the journalistic [sic] was a bit over the top and bent on showing her verbal superiority, rather than to engage in enlightened conversation. I am a writing teacher by trade and while I try to construct a grammatically sound sentence, I do allow for my -- and others -- occasional error.

Well, imagine my surprise when, sometime after that, I came across a thread where JW herself, who remember would never be one to feel compelled to point out others' mistakes, had used the "journalistic [sic] herself:

"Anaisa-

You wrote in your first post, "he didnt want to work, kept hitting me, calling me names, treating me like sheet [sic]..."

Maybe, like me, JW didn't want to correct the woman's spelling - but she certainly felt compelled to draw attention to her spelling error by using [sic].

I used [sic] because, like JW, I didn't want to correct her spelling either but by the same token I equally didn't want people thinking I was thick and couldn't spell properly. As the Americans say, it sure annoyed the hell out of her when I drew attention to her schoolgirl error and exposed her verbal inferiority. And to think she's a "writing teacher" too - doh!

All in all she makes me thoroughly sic [sic] lol!

Oh, and do revisit the "Considering Islam" thread again if you have a minute or two. It's a jolly good read!

http://turkishlove.yuku.com/topic/4644/Considering-Islam?page=1

Admin
    Admin

Re: JW - One Smug, Superior Hypocrite

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Judith,

I'm going to repond later to this - there's lots I'd like to say about JW! I had a very quick look at the link, but there's quite a few pages to go through, so I'll look later on. Which page is it on where she threatened to 'take you out in the street'? I remember it well, and everyone was appalled at her threat.

I wonder why Sirin didn't ban her for that?!! She should have been banned!!

Strawbs

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Oh, one other quick thing before I go - and slightly off-topic - but do you remember the very erudite Gemsgirl starting a thread (littered with her own spelling mistakes) where she copied someone else's poorly written text, and added [sic] at the end? tongue

I thought that was hilarious! Especially coming from a Lawyer!

Strawbs
    Teenz

Post  Teenz on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Jenny would have been raging when you did that, she has HUGE anger issues, Imagine just being corrected in the spelling department and questioned over her religious choice must of started of the feeling that she wished to take you out!!! Jesus Shocked I just hope to god her kid is ok living in that house.

Sirin wouldn't ban her, as long as she crawls up Sirins backside enough she can do or say anything to anyone she wants.
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 am

Jennywrites is too weird and boy does she go wild for no reason. Why is she still a member on there.Suspect

Pipxoxo

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:48 am

Hi Judith,

I'm just off to have a read of that thread while I eat my dinner - I'm a slob tonight - but too tired to care.

Before I come back, does anyone know what happened to JW's blockbuster she was writing, the one she claimed she'd got the film rights to?! lol!

Strawbs
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:45 am

It's post 53 on page 3 Strawbs, in which she said:

"I mean, I don't even know you and bc of our stupid posts, I think I'd want to take you down if I met you on the street! Really, this has to stop... Can't we just agree to have different takes on issues? It's gone too far and I do not plan to defend myself point/counterpoint again. It takes too much energy and I choose to respectfully disengage in the future. I've done a lot of work on myself and this is not what I want to focus on in my life... Bad energy..."

How ironic that she said "Can't we just agree to have different takes on issues?" It was the mere fact that I had a different take on an issue that drove her to say she'd like to "take me down in the street" in the first place! She says she's "done a lot of work" on herself but clearly not enough to be able to engage with normal rational people in a calm and reasonable manner.

Sirin's response (post 78 on page 4) to the whole debacle was interesting too. Naturally there was no rebuke for JW about the threat of physical violence (so didn't invoke the famous moderation policy there when the perfect opportunity presented itself) but she did have the following to say in reference to me:

"I don't agree with people picking on each other's grammar / spelling, but sadly you do get that on forums. It doesn't take Freud to work out why."

It's a shame dear old Freud isn't still around to give us an insight into why she said that! lol!

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 am

Haha! Sirin knows more about Fraud than Freud!

Slightly off-topic, but Freud once said to a friend who asked him why he liked large cigars so much, and if it 'meant' anything (wink wink):

"Sometimes a cigar - is just a cigar" Wink

I wonder what Sirin's Frock would make of that?!

Strawbs
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:23 am

Fraud Freud! Bang on! farao

Sal
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 pm

JW is sick and twisted and Sirin had the guns out for you Judith for ages, she found her jealousy for you hard to hide. They are both very twisted people, they just twist in different ways No

Pol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:21 am