Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

Extra Mature Cheese

ruby

Extra Mature Cheese

Post  ruby on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 am

Ive got this thing about cheese at the moment, really cannot stop eating the extra strong really mature type of cheese, you know the type of cheese, it makes your tongue go all stingy and there is a real bite to it, but I love it, and the nearer it gets to the expiry date, the better quality it is.

Strawbs, you had a very good thread on cheese when that batty JW was spouting her usual crap when the subject of cheese came up, she reminds me of the saying 'a jack of all trades and a master of none', but going back to cheeses, what are the favourite cheese of other members?

BTW, wish there was a cheese emoticon Very Happy

Ruby

Admin
    Admin

Re: Extra Mature Cheese

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:38 am

Ooooh, I like all sorts of cheeses....

One of my favourites of all time is Epoisse Perriere Berthaut - which I kind of point to when ordering it at the counter in Waitrose! I can never quite pronounce it correctly, and whichever assistant serves me they always repeat the name to me correctly! lol Hmmmm...but it is delicious. It comes in a round cardboard box (similar to a Camembert box but larger) and is very soft and gooey I love you It's even nicer if you buy a whole box when you've got friends over, and you pop it in the over for 10 minutes - it comes out almost like a fondue. It's quite strong tasting, and if you like mature cheddar (which I love too) then you'd probably like Epoisse PB. Wink

We've got some individual wooden cheeseboards at home, and sometimes, late in the evening when we're peckish I'll make a cheeseboard for us both. My favourite cheeses are Mature Cheddar, Camembert, Roquefort, Boursin (the one sprinkled with black pepper is nice too!) Stilton, EPB, Dolcelatte, Buffalo Mozzarella and some goats' cheeses - Waitrose do a lovely pink peppercorn one - Moody's it's called.

So if we fancy a cheese feast I put a selection of whichever ones I've got in (usually about 5 or 6 different cheeses) and then I throw some grapes, slices of apple and pears on the board, and a selection of different crackers. If I'm doing mainly hard English cheeses I add celery sticks, walnuts, sliced onion, pickles and a few dollops of different chutneys in small serving bowls.

And we have rich red wine to wash it all down, or a very chilled sweet wine wine such as Sauterne (that's the only time we drink sweet white wine)

Gosh, I'm talking muself into a cheese feast! tongue

Strawbs
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 pm

I swear you should be a food writer Strawbs!

I always enjoy your posts about food. They're wonderfully knowledgeable and descriptive and they never fail to get my digestive juices flowing. This one is no exception - and I don't even like cheese that much!!

Keep them coming!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 am