Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

The Sibel Medal

Admin
    Admin

The Sibel Medal

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:11 pm

One of the plantpots on Turkish Luvvies has suggested Mr & Mrs Sibel receive medals for all the torture they've been through, while waiting for his big fat visa. I agree. It must have been so tough for Mr Sibel to sit around in the sunshine, sipping cay while making a mental list of all the goodies he's planning on accumilating, once he arrives in Scotland with his shiny new visa. While he's been relaxing and scratching his pubes in Antalya (in between AHEM!! Wink ) the Scottish woman he married - whose name he probably can't pronounce - has been doing lots and lots of donkey work to get him over to Scotland. Of course, he didn't put any effort into the visa process or appeal at all - but sleeping 14 hours a day is bloody hard work.

As for Mrs Sibel, waiting around for a few months to hear when she'll be able to ship her new 'Hubby' over is as stressful as that suffered by, say, soldiers on the frontline in Afghanistan. Oh alright then - maybe it's not THAT stressful - but it must be close.

I think they both deserve a knighthood, actually.

Poor old Sibel - all that stress she's gone through - and how tormenting it must have been for 'Hubby' having to be apart for so long. Don't these people at the Home Office have any compassion?! It's disgraceful! It reminds me of those 90-year-old married couples you read about who've been married for 70 years - never spent a day apart - and the local authorities insist on putting them into different Care Homes. Sibel's torment is on a par with that! OK, I know some people would say "....but Sibel has survived for over 50 years without Mr Sibel in her life, so where's the tragedy and heartache in all this? Couldn't she have pottered about in the garden while waiting to hear on the visa update? It doesn't sound throat-slitting stuff to me - but I only watch Shakespearean tragedies and operas - so maybe I'm out of touch with reality..."

Nonetheless, Sibel's worked her fingers to the bone to get that visa - all for LOVE - and that in itself deserves a medal of the highest order. And whilst she's been under immense stress (almost to breaking point) waiting to hear when the 'hubby' can be shipped over, she's even gone to every single supermarket from A-Z, and bought every single brand of Tortilla Wrap in order to make Lahmacun for when he arrives. Just think of the effort involved in that! Of course, he's probably got one of those wrinkly old grandmothers who makes fantastic food for her favourite grandson, and she'll be all loud and gesticulating wildly when he's about to leave for Scotland, and will stuff his case with her special borek and homemade food telling him how much she's going to miss him before waving him off on the bus while weeping hysterically. I think we should extend the medals to her too. Definitely. Or on second thoughts - a nice little Standing Order of £300 every month would probably suffice. What's she going to do with a medal, anyway?

Meanwhile, I think we should start designing The Sibel Medal. Any ideas?

Strawbs
    ruby

Re: The Sibel Medal

Post  ruby on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Do you know what, this Medal Deserving Post makes me want to vomit, it really does.

Yesterday, I went to visit a relative who buried her first born child following his untimely death in an accident last month. That mother is HEARTBROKEN. She will never ever recover from the loss and devastation of the death of her son and yet, we hear that some numpty on TL suggests that an OAP deserves a medal for getting her greasy looking young 'hubby' a visa to come to the UK.

Grow up and get real the lot of you, deserves a medal my arse. Anyone from a Visa National country has to go through the same procedure to obtain a Settlement Visa, if declined, appeal or re-apply addressing the issues for the ECO's original decision to decline. Hardly in the same category as being awarded a medal, a medal for what ffs?

Then we have a quote from Mrs Turtle

'I dont get on much these days but i try to when i can.'

Well we all know why you dont get on TL much, its because you are hooked onto the Obese Site.

Mrs Turtle goes on to say

'All the best for you and your husband Sibel.'

Is the medal deserving OAP's 'toy boy hubby' named Sibel?

Ruby

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Ruby,

How awful for your friend to have to bury her first born son - I can't think of anything worse. That really IS what you call a tragedy. You're right, it is sickening and pathetic when you read shite on TL from these imbesilic numpties saying Sibel deserves a medal. What's wrong with the woman for goodness sake?! She CHOSE to get hiked up with a slimy Turd! It was HER decision. I don't even think she loves the greaseball - how can she - she barely knows him?

It's the same with all these weird relationships - none of them had to maintain contact with their holiday fling - or pathetic Cyber Romance. They know the score - they know the man NEEDS a visa for the UK - so what the hell are they whinging for?!

Neither Ertie or I felt TORMENTED when applying for visas, and I don't understand why this Sibel felt like she was in some unfolding drama while waiting for the decision. It's not as though she'd have lost anything had he not been granted a visa - they've never been a proper couple. You can't lose what you've never had.

As for the revolting Mrs Turtle, the only reason she can't get onto her computer much is because Turtle probably hogs it all night long - because he's bored stiff.

Strawbs
    Glitzy

Post  Glitzy on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 am

Ruby I'm sorry to hear of your friend's tragedy. That truly is tragic, not this twaddle about a visa -

Sibel's avatar - absolute ringer for Bette Davis in Whatever happened to baby Jane.
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:38 am

Having just read the post it appears that this woman has been through things that she has not chosen to divulge publicly. This, it seems, makes the way in which she has dealt with this whole visa thing so stoically and with such remarkable fortitude all the more admirable.

With that in mind, I just hope for her sake that her Turd does not choose to repay her trust, patience, loyalty and determination by turning out to be a lying, cheating, selfish, using scumbag.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Glitzy,

She does indeed! They really don't make a couple do they?

Judith, it does appear she's had some kind of problem in the past, but doesn't wish to divulge what - although she's obviously confided in private to the numpties - which means it will come out eventually. If it's as confidential as she implies I can't for the life of me understand why she's revealed all to strangers on the Internet (albeit by email or PM/Facebook) especially to women who are strange, unstable and/or thick. One of them is young enough to be her daughter and is incredibly immature, so I'd hazard a guess that Sibel is deeply naive.

Whatever her problems have been - love, loss, tragedy, illness, financial - I'd say the LAST thing she needs now is a Turd thrown in the mix. It happens so often doesn't it? These slimeballs have radar like bats and home in on vulnerable women as soon as they come into view; whether that's in a resort or popping up on a computer screen. She's clearly much older than he is, and they don't look at all suited. Not one bit.

She's possibly a very nice woman, but she must be very naive and also extremely vulnerable. You can tell that by her anxiety and neediness. I dare say she's banking on this man to bring some happiness into her life - but going by all the stories we've read over the years - she's going to become another statistic.

I remember one member, Debbie, who was a really nice, sweet woman. She lost her son in a motorbike accident, and after his death she gained a huge amount of weight through comfort eating. It was terribly tragic and sad. She then had a stomach bypass and lost all her weight, and then went on holiday to Turkey........

Of course, the man she met - who was actually a similar age to what her son would have been - told her he loved her blah blah blah and she moved out there for a time to live with him where they got married. They then returned to the UK (due to lack of money) and after a year or two living together, and him not finding a decent job, she decided to sell her house (with his encouragement) and return to Turkey. She was convinced he loved her, but no sooner had she liquidised her assets and moved to Turkey with him, he started asking for big fat loans of money. Oh, and he refused to work. He came up with all sorts of excuses why he couldn't find a job out there, and then one day she came home from shopping to find he'd upped and gone. Just like that. She was beside herself - all on her own - feeling lonely and scared - and he'd just vanished into thin air. I think he was angry with her because she wouldn't give him even more money or something - it was appalling. She revealed all this on another site (not the numpty one) and they advised her to go back to the UK, but a few weeks later the scumbag turned up out of the blue, with a pathetic excuse, and she took him back. I know her money was running out FAST (she didn't have a lot - something like £50k? - her life savings in a way) and I remember she gave him such a lot of money for stupid items...he wanted plasma TV's etc - usual stuff. Anyway, after he came back I think she felt embarrassed to keep posting, and I haven't seen her around for a good couple of years now. So it's fair to say she was well and truly done over, and is now probably back in the UK renting somewhere, and living alone. Shattered and broke.

I don't know Sibel's position, but I'd stake anything that she's going to end up with a broken heart. In a couple of years from now he'll be gone. Let's hope she's sensibel (couldn't resist) and doesn't lose all her money too...

Strawbs
    Maria

Post  Maria on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 pm

That's a terrible story Strawbs, when will these women learn? Evil or Very Mad

Maria

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am

They don't learn, Maria. They usually go onto Turk Number Two for added measure! Or in Ladylook's case - a Tunisian. Those that end up heartbroken and penniless, and can't buy a new Turkish askim, take their angst out on me as a form of distraction therapy. After all, it was all MY fault their relationships failed wasn't it? My writing 10 sentences to them on a public forum has destroyed their lives...never mind the fact I've never met them, don't know them, and they've spent the last 30/40/50 years screwing their lives up without knowing me - those 10 sentences have been the undoing of them and forced askim to do a runner.

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:39 pm

They have to blame some Strawbs....they're not mature enough to accept responsibility for their own actions and they're not prepared to admit that their Turd was using them, it's better blaming you bom

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Well, I see Sibel is a 'nervous wreck'! She's just off to collect the 'hubby' and bring him back to wee Scotland! Yay! Not sure why he can't navigate an airport and ship himself over, but like all devotees of Turkish men, Sibel's gone to pick him up - just like any good Mum would do! Wouldn't want him getting LOST would we?!

I'm curious as to why she feels like a 'nervous wreck'! I could understand her feeling excited - but a 'nervous wreck'? Normally, when you're very close to YOUR HUBBY, you don't feel like a nervous wreck at the prospect of them coming to your home! Excited and looking forward to it - yes. But not a nervous wreck.

Sounds to me like she doesn't know him that well at all - and is worried he'll be disappointed things aren't up to scratch! Aaw, shame!

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm

You never feel nervous to the point of being a wreck with someone you're close to. How many times has she met him? Shocked
    ruby

Post  ruby on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:53 am

Sibel says
    'I am off soon to bring my hubby home, and am a nervous wreck'

FFS, it sounds PATHETIC. In fact, it sounds like she is going to the kennels to bring back a puppy. Why on earth do these women truly believe that they have to travel a 4,000 mile round trip to bring their token 'hubby' back. Is he mentally disabled or something of a similar disability where he cannot make his own way to the airport and board a flight?

Another fool who is behaving just like a doormat, well expect to have him wipe his feet all over you. Whats more he looks like a right scruffy greaseball, not at all like the type of man I would have thought suited Sibel. He looks slimey and sly and I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. Ewwwwwwww, I would not want him anywhere near me if he was the last guy on earth, cannot see what she sees in him. Wonder if Sibel has ever thought about going to Specsavers? Rolling Eyes

Ruby

Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:44 am

Oh dear.

Methinks Sibel may very well fade away into obscurity pretty soon, as so many just like her do...

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Well, going by recent posts from various members, and the general economy of the country (even Turks now realise the UK isn't paved with streets of gold) a lot of men seem to be wanting to go back to Turkey. Sod the ILR - they don't even want to hang around for that now. And now immigration have brought in new rules (is it 5 years for ILR?) I think Turks are looking further afield on their computers. America seems to be fast becoming the most popular place to fish a visa wife.

Of course, Sibel's Turd already married her, so he's kind of lumbered. I bet Scotland was the LAST place he would have picked a woman from - but beggars can't be choosers I guess. Going by their photo they look sooooo mismatched! They do not look like a couple at all. And besides the huge difference in age, appearance and type - his body language is extremely ominous. No love there at all - not even pretend love. She's in for a very rough ride a couple of years from now. Silly, silly woman.....

Strawbs
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 pm

Spot on! Scotlands unemployment is much higher than London and I agree that men want to get on that para para ladder so it would never be first choice in Scotland. Sibels goes from one disaster to another so she's never going to listen to anyone. She is well blinkered.

Sal
    ruby

Post  ruby on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:00 am

I understand the new Immigration Rules will come into force next April and that Settlement will be even more extremely difficult to obtain.

I am still rather surprised that even the brighter women on TL reveal so much about themselves on the Visa Board even to the point of saying they are going to lie on their application. They dont seem to realise that the British Government can get their personal details from their IP addresses and match them up when they eventually submit their applications (even if on a different IP address), dont they realise its all kept on computer for when their application lands Evil or Very Mad .

Then they wonder why the ECO has declined it, its because they already know who you are Shocked and what you have been cooking up all these months.

Ruby

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 pm

SozzledSally wrote:Spot on! Scotlands unemployment is much higher than London and I agree that men want to get on that para para ladder so it would never be first choice in Scotland. Sibels goes from one disaster to another so she's never going to listen to anyone. She is well blinkered.

Sal

Hi Sal,

Oh, the Turds are fully aware of where the money is in the UK. Of course, the whole country is in an economic downturn and jobs are thin on the ground everywhere, but these Turds know full well that their chances of finding employment are far better in London than they are in some wee village in Scotland, or in some rundown sprawling no-man's land up north. Plus, the wages are higher in London, and these Turds love their dosh! So of course they'd sooner fish a Londoner than they would a Geordie or Scot from some fishing village. It stands to reason.

That's why they invariably scarper and head south to London once they get their ILR. They have better prospects. But they'll marry a Sibel to get their foot in the UK.......

Strawbs
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:26 am

I feel sorry for Sibel in a way. She's hunted down Turkish food recipes to cook and that's not going to keep him sweet for long. She's in for a bumpy ride. He's got history.

Sal

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi Sal,

What do you mean by 'he's got history'? Suspect

Strawbs
    ruby

Post  ruby on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 am

Everyone please rest assured, Sibel has posted and said that hubby 'seems as comfortable as can be expected', wow I am so relieved Suspect

Has he had open heart surgery, a major operation or a limb amputated? No, he has arrived in the UK on his Sibel Settlement Visa, Bless santa Gave him a Santa hat, I really wish these 'emoticons' had a cyber rose for our new arrival confused

He also had a welcoming committee at the airport, wonder if it was the UKBA?

Ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

Oh not to worry whilst writing the above post, Sirin has just given the TL cyber rose, bless him Evil or Very Mad

Ruby
    Maria

Post  Maria on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 am

I bet he's counting down to ILR DAY already!

Maria
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 am

Of course he's OK, bless him. For after all that protracted waiting around while his visa was refused and he had to sweat a bit while poor old Sibel smoothed it all over (and of course covered all the costs) for him, he's finally touched down in the promised land! Now he's being waited on hand foot and finger by an extremely grateful woman who has probaly stocked the fridge and cupboards with all manner of Turkish goodies and installed Turkish TV for him. Now all he has to do is start networking with all those many Turds he probably knows who are already up in Scotland and plan his next move. He bloody well should be OK!

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Guveclover wrote:Having just read the post it appears that this woman has been through things that she has not chosen to divulge publicly. This, it seems, makes the way in which she has dealt with this whole visa thing so stoically and with such remarkable fortitude all the more admirable.

With that in mind, I just hope for her sake that her Turd does not choose to repay her trust, patience, loyalty and determination by turning out to be a lying, cheating, selfish, using scumbag.

Ah well, it appears that all this heartache, pain, torture and strife poor old Sibel suffered, to the extent that both she and her new 'hubby' deserve a medal, may well have been to do with her rat Number One. I'm not sure if he was a Turk/Kurd - TLRD appears to be a Marmaris Loverat Site.....so maybe her first Turk came from there...or maybe her ex was a fellow Scot who was appalled at her behaviour. I'm betting, though, that he was a Kurd.....

Posted on TL 2009:

Interact

My Recent Posts

Reply Quote
    offlinesibel32 #13

17-Jun-2009 20:45

Strawberry, you say that Scottishrose is good looking, which i am not doubting. Its just that i cant see a picture of her. I am new to this site and wonder if i should see all peoples pictures. I myself haven't put my picture on yet, because i had a nightmare of a time with my ex on TLRD. He was putting posts on in females names, trying to shame my turkish boyfriend. I am happy to say we are still together, and hope one day to have the bottle to put our picture on this site.xx

Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh gawd, here we go again. When will they ever learn Evil or Very Mad

Pol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:46 pm